We believe in teachers who inspire students best have a lifelong interest in educating themselves and are the ones that love their own subject matter of choice.
We are a community of collaborative lifelong learners. Our approach to professional learning and development is an important part of our mission as an international school. We believe that there is always something more to learn and we place a strong emphasis on the professional development of our staff. A range of professional development opportunities for our teachers is provided by our school every year, in addition to opportunities to attend workshops in the Asia Pacific region. It’s one of the ways we show our commitment to lifelong learning. We are a collaborative community of global citizens who always put our students first. We work together to implement new and best teaching practices, continually moving education forward. As a team, we work together to create inquiry-based classrooms. This allows students to discuss ideas with each other, evaluate their own work, the work of others, ask their own questions, and set their own goals. Just as we encourage this in class with our students, we have this expectation of our teachers as well.
We are looking for teachers with a passion for excellence. Recruiting the right teachers is the single most significant thing that we do to create an excellent school. We are looking for candidates whose values align with the DISK mission and our school’s mission to provide an excellent international education. Ideal candidates must possess working habits that enable them to function in a fast-paced and collaborative workplace. We expect every student to achieve their highest potential – this means improving every aspect of their lives and not just the core subjects. We are looking for teachers who can bring our students to their highest standard of learning.
A PASSION FOR TEACHING
Kaohsiung City, Taiwan is a wonderful and exciting place to live, but it is not for everyone. Potential candidates will need to possess adaptability for life in Kaohsiung and the ability to understand that others with their differences may also be right.
- Knowledgeable in their field of expertise
- Thinkers that challenge themselves and their colleagues to keep getting better
- Open-minded to explore different approaches to teaching and learning
- Reflective in evaluating their impact in the classroom
- Inquirers who take action to improve their effectiveness
- Risk-takers that are willing to explore how technology can enhance learning
- Communicators that give effective feedback to students and parents
- Balanced in working both individually and collaboratively
- Principled in putting students first in their decision-making
- Caring about student wellbeing and creating a strong sense of community in our school
We require a clearance of criminal records and a successful background check for all staff working with our students. Please be prepared to submit such documents from your country of origin and the country of your current residence, if different.