Campus Ministry is the heart and soul of DISK. Our mission consists in facilitating the personal and spiritual growth of the school community. We respect everyone’s religious identity, but also provide a caring, safe, and healthy environment where all can learn our Catholic values and become Dominican Stars (Spiritual, Truthful, Active, Responsible, and Studious).
Campus Ministry Framework
1. Promote the Catholic faith and Dominican spirituality in the school community as well as encourage good practice in daily life.
2. Embrace the Christian commitment of loving God, praying constantly, serving others, and proclaiming the good news of Jesus.
3. Provide a variety of programs, services, and activities to help school members experience God’s presence and loving actions in their lives.
4. Reach out to others in love through the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy.
5. Prepare our students to become productive, virtuous citizens, and responsible leaders.
CAMPUS MINISTRY PROGRAM
Christian Living Classes and Religious Education.
Christian Values or Virtues in Practice.
Bible and Catechism Courses as preparation for the reception of the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter Activities.
Campus Ministry Week.
Worship and Prayer
Monthly School-Wide Masses.
Other Liturgical Celebrations: Living Rosary, Stations of the Cross, etc.
Spiritual Retreats and Recollections.
Spiritual Direction and Guidance.
Community Service and Outreach
DISK encourages students to connect their academic learning with volunteer work or service-oriented activities in order to understand the social/cultural issues of our society and get directly involved in helping to alleviate some of those needs. In that regard, we organize a variety of services and outreach activities throughout the year such as visiting nursing homes or schools for children with disabilities, cleaning parks or beaches, recycling, planting trees, etc.
Campus Ministry Team
Directress / Principal Sr. Zenaida Ancheta, OP
Vice Principal Sr. Jean Bergado, OP
Campus Ministry Coordinator Sr. Socorro Teofilo, OP
School Chaplain Fr. Prudencio Garcia, OP
Campus Ministry Team Sr. Mariana Barreto, OP
Sr. Nelia Pinheiro, OP
Ms. Rubie Carnice