As required by the Ministry of Education, students must hold a foreign passport. Grade placement is determined by the student’s age as of September 1st.
3 years old – Pre-Kindergarten
4 years old – Kindergarten
5 years old – Kindergarten 2
6 years old – Grade one
Subsequent grade (Grade 2 – 6) accordingly or by grade reports from previous school(s) to indicate the placement of the student.
Procedures for Application for Admission:
- Read and fill out the application form carefully (other requirements are listed on the last page of the form).
- There is a section for students to write something about themselves (for 4th grade up); Please let your child complete this section without your help to enable us to assess his/her English proficiency.
- Complete all the requirements and forward to Dominican International School Kaohsiung addressed to The Registrar, 107 Chung Hwa 1st Rd. Kaohsiung, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Call the school to schedule a test/preliminary interview date.
- Attend school for the test/preliminary Interview and bring any requirements not yet submitted. The applicant should arrive at least 15 minutes before the test starts to allow the registrar to check the documents.
- Pay the NT$ 3,000 application/ interview/ testing fee at the Administration Office.
- Parents will be notified of the results of the examination within 7 days. If the student meets the requirements for admission, he/she will be enrolled.
- Receive acceptance letter and submit any missing documents to the registrar.
- Permission for the enrollment slip (tuition slip) with the student ID number will be issued.
- Proceed to the Treasurer’s Office for information about school uniforms, supplies, the busing service, and the issuance of the tuition slip.
- After payment, present or fax the official receipt to the School Treasurer for validation of official enrollment.
(Please take note that tuition fees are paid in MEGA (ICBC) and that a student may not attend classes unless the school fees have been paid.)